The Rise and Fall of Hope and Change

The Rise and Fall of Hope and Change



Alexis de Toqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The United States Capitol Building

The United States Capitol Building

The Constitutional Convention

The Constitutional Convention

The Continental Congress

The Continental Congress

George Washington at Valley Forge

George Washington at Valley Forge


Monday, June 28, 2010

A Letter From Rand Paul

From Human Events:

Dear Friend,




If you're looking for Public Enemy #1 for the left, look no further. You've probably seen all of the attacks nationwide from the Obama Administration, Senate Democrats and the Liberal Media.

Why? What are they so scared of?



They know something I hope to convince you of: I'm going to lead the charge to take our government back.



And I think they're afraid that, unlike some, I actually mean what I say.



I am a true small government Constitutional conservative. I will vote to repeal Obamacare, and to stop Cap & Trade and Card Check forced unionism.



But that's just the beginning.



I am also bringing a message from the Tea Party, from those who are fed up with how Washington is not working for them. My agenda will include:



•Balancing the Budget by law. And I don't just mean a Constitutional Amendment at some future date, though we need that too. I mean that I will, in my first year in the Senate, will do something else no one else will do: Introduce and secure a vote on my own fully balanced budget, with no tax increases.

•Term Limits to end career politicians, and lobbying reform to make sure they don't hang around getting rich trying to influence their former colleages. I support a maximum of 12 years in office and a LIFTETIME BAN on lobbying by former members of Congress.

•Read the Bills: I will force Congress to read the bills, and introduce a waiting period for all legislation. If they say I have to wait to buy a gun, they have to wait to spend our money!

•An Enumerated Powers Act that will demand Congress show the Constitutional Authority for all bills.

This is an ambitious agenda, and one that can help change Washington. But we won't change Washington unless we stop sending the same old people there.



I'm a career doctor, not a career politician. I intend to fix what I can, then go home.



The national Democrats and the Obama Administration are pulling out the big guns right now. The unions, trial lawyers and party bosses are filling the campaign war chest of my liberal opponent.



That's why I need YOUR help.



Will you join with tens of thousands of Americans who are getting behind our campaign to take our government back?



If so, I hope you'll contribute to my June 28 MONEYBLAST.



This one day fundraiser will help get us off to a great start, to fight the lies of my opponent and his national Democrat machine. It seems like just about every day the liberal media has another attack on me.



I must fight back. If our message gets out, we WILL win our race for US Senate, and I will help clean up the mess in Washington!



But I can't do it without your help.



Please consider donating today for my June 28 MONEYBLAST.



Thanks for your support.



In Liberty,



Rand Paul, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment