My conscience rules. Your conscience is ruled out.
Liberal Democratic politicians who identify themselves as “pro-choice” Catholics invariably try to justify their position by saying that they cannot, in good conscience, vote to restrict someone else’s freedoms.
The next time you hear “conscience” invoked by any of the legislators listed below, have a good hearty laugh. Then ask whythey should be free to exercise their consciences, when they vote to deny others the same right.
- Senator Mark Begich, Democrat, of Alaska
- Senator Maria Cantwell, Democrat, of Washington
- Senator Richard Durbin, Democrat, of Illinois
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat, of New York
- Senator Tom Harkin, Democrat, of Iowa
- Senator John Kerry, Democrat, of Massachusetts
- Senator Mary Landrieu, Democrat, of Louisiana
- Senator Pat Leahy, Democrat, of Vermont
- Senator Claire McCaskill, Democrat, of Missouri
- Senator Robert Menendez, Democrat, of New Jersey
- Senator Patty Murray, Democrat, of Washington
- Senator Barbara Mikulski, Democrat, of Maryland
- Senator Jack Reed, Democrat, of Rhode Island
|Jeffrey Mirus - President of CatholicCulture.orgIf you found this helpful, our bi-weekly Insights emails can notify you of key commentary items. Also, please support this apostolic work.|